CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
EDGE Workshops are expanding and are calling
* Makeup Artist/Beauty Therapists
Areas: Western Sydney, South West Sydney, Illawarra and South Coast, New England, Newcastle, Hunter, Central Coast, North Coast
The EDGE Workshops is a NSW based hands on job ready workshop experience for teens, and expanding delivery in NSW schools in 2022. We are the Job Ready Experts, and help students with hands on practical sessions in hairstyles, haircuts, skincare, makeup and affordable clothing.
A unique opportunity waits for the right person:
The right person:
- Wants some contract work to go along with your other interests/work
- Holds a Cert IV TAE ( Desirable, not essential )
- Has the ability to work with teens in a teaching small group capacity
- Has been doing their craft for more than 2 years
- Has the ability to gain a Working with Children Check and National Criminal Check
- Is fully vaccinated , contractor requirement
- Is fun, has a sense of humour, can relate to teens
- Has the ability to teach your craft in an engaging way to help 14-17 year olds enter the workforce
- Has a sense of wanting to ‘give back’
- Has the confidence to present to camera ( on occasion )
- Is able to work well in with other professionals, we rely on a team effort
- Be professional into a school environment and adhere to contractor code of conduct
We might be the right fit for you!
You will need:
- To be presentable and wear given uniform
- Own clippers and scissors ( Barber, Hairdresser)
- Maintain demonstration clothes that are purchased – steam and clean ( Stylist )
- Have your own reliable transport to and from the school
- Set up and pack up your own station
- Maintain stock within your kit and inform when stock is low or needed
- To be able to physically lift containers, travel up and down stairs
You will :
- Be paid well for your time
- Be part of a new growing opportunity across NSW schools
- Have the opportunity to have paid travel and accommodation should the need arise
- Be fully trained and supported in our ways and expectations
- Be able to add your flair to your own presentations
Where to from here?
Send us an email covering:
- An introduction to yourself and the position you're applying for
- Your location
- Your work history and current status
- Your own qualifications, training, courses
- What skills you bring to relate/ work with to teens
Our process will be to interview potential applicants, progress to a video demonstration of your skills, and then demonstrate your skills with small groups of selected students.
Successful applicants will attend training in early 2022 location TBA.
Please send all Expressions of Interest to [email protected]
Closes November 30, 2021
Allyson Fisher - HT VET/Careers
Albion Park High School - Testimonial
"Sharna, along with her team of stylists, beauticians and hairdressers, provide a great day of activities and workshops that engage our students and encourage them to think a little differently about their personal image and presentation. The activities are interactive and practical and prepare students for stepping out into the world of work. The whole program provides a worthwhile experience for our students."
Jessica G - Yr 10 student
"I liked the EDGE workshop because it was a practical activity. We actually got to try things to fully understand better what the presenters were trying to teach us. The presenters were all very lovely and welcoming and I learnt how to improve my online settings to protect my privacy."