You know things need to change...
You're trying to cover all bases and feel like you're stretched in all directions
You know that you need to prep students for work experience but it's not an easy task
You're wanting to work smarter not harder and don't have the budget of other faculties
IF THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, THEN KEEP ON READING
Welcome to the Work Experience Edge
You need to get your students job ready before they reach employers.
Add to what you already teach by using our program to reinforce the importance behind being ready for the workforce.
LET'S DIG INTO THE DETAILS
Here's how it all shakes out...
Benefits to Work Experience
Here's what you're going to cover:
- Understanding why insurance is important
- Gaining potential casual employment from work experience
- Increasing your networks , or starting one
- The advantage of adding work experience to your resume
Things you need to know
Here's what you're going to learn:
- I'll walk you through step by step with easy to follow videos
- I'll show you the things to consider when looking for work experience
- I'll show you how to find ways to get your own way to and from work experience
- I will give you a script on how to contact the employers
Getting it all right- the first time
In this module we'll cover:
- First impressions- meeting the employer, a recap on appropriate attire
- Understanding the paperwork- what needs to be done properly by all involved
- Understanding the legal complications behind what you just signed, and what it really means.
Getting prepared properly
This module covers:
- We talk about why you need to stick it out the whole week
- Taking the right clothes, food and where to look for this info
- I'll help you to understand appropriate workplace behaviour
Taking advantage of the week
We'll help you be confident in:
- How to end the week on a positive note
- How to wrap things up and even ask for an opportunity
- Ideas on thanking the staff
- Adding work experience to your resume
LET'S WRAP IT ALL UP
Here's what you get when you join.
5 Modules , 17 easy to follow lessons
Supports your existing work experience program
Assist with compulsory job readiness programs
10 staff at your school can have access to the program
Unlimited Year 9 - 12 students
Hey, I'm Sharna.
I was one of two careers advisors at a school of 1400 students. We offered work experience to all Year 9s to 12s two weeks every term. That meant we had a duty of care to get these students work ready. Those that weren't ready, didn't get to go out. It was the school's reputation but more importantly your reputation.
Let me help you out, with a resource that is in addition to what you already do.
Between the two of us, they'll be fully aware of what they have to do, and more importantly their obligations in the workplace.
Next time a deputy asks you to give them a work experience placement, you don't have to spend your valuable time doing a one-on one. Make it a condition they do this as a first step- even their parents could access it too.