You know things need to change when...
You're already chasing your tail and getting them 'ready' is just another thing to add to the never ending list
You're trying to get them to remember notes let alone teaching about insurance is just one of the problems
You're wanting to work smarter not harder and even finding a free room to deliver information is difficult enough
IF THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, THEN KEEP ON READING
Welcome to the Work Experience Edge
You need to get your students job ready before they reach employers.
Add to what you already teach by using our program to reinforce the importance behind being ready for the workforce- and that can be accessed at home on a phone or a device using an app!
LET'S DIG INTO THE DETAILS
This is what I'll cover for you..
Benefits to Work Experience
Here's what you're going to cover:
- Understanding why insurance is important
- Gaining potential casual employment from work experience
- Increasing your networks , or starting one
- The advantage of adding work experience to your resume
Things you need to know
Here's what you're going to learn:
- I'll walk you through step by step with easy to follow videos
- I'll show you the things to consider when looking for work experience
- I'll show you how to find ways to get your own way to and from work experience
- I will give you a script on how to contact the employers
Getting it all right- the first time
In this module we'll cover:
- First impressions- meeting the employer, a recap on appropriate attire
- Understanding the paperwork- what needs to be done properly by all involved
- Understanding the legal complications behind what you just signed, and what it really means.
Getting prepared properly
This module covers:
- We talk about why you need to stick it out the whole week
- Taking the right clothes, food and where to look for this info
- I'll help you to understand appropriate workplace behaviour
Taking advantage of the week
We'll help you be confident in:
- How to end the week on a positive note
- How to wrap things up and even ask for an opportunity
- Ideas on thanking the staff
- Adding work experience to your resume
Ready to control the chaos?
Use the program to cover careers classes, give to a Transition Advisor, a casual or even have the students log in at home on their own device
LET'S WRAP IT ALL UP
Here's what you get when you join.
5 Modules , 17 easy to follow lessons
Levels up your existing work experience program
Assist with compulsory workplace readiness programs
The option for an easy to follow workbook to make it fool proof with our Work Experience checklists
Prepare your Year 9 - 12 students and print off a certificate that you can sign- after they pass a simple quiz!
Stop trying to cover everything!
Don't you wish you could have mini clones of careers advisors helping you out?
Well now you do.
This course goes through everything your students need. Exploring what's out there, how to contact employers, understanding insurance, getting forms signed, first impressions, etiquette at work experience and more!
Use it as an additional activity to compliment your existing program. Covering all aspects is not only helpful, it's compulsory you do as much as possible to prepare your students. Same messages, easy delivery broken into small modules with assessments they have to pass!
Again, an option for just yourself and select teachers to teach across classes, or you can have full access for all of your students for 12 months.
The is the ultimate course to get yourself ready for the workforce. You've dabbled in work experience, but you need help with resumes, cover letters, the latest hairstyles, fades and makeup trends- plus fashion?
Teachers- stop worrying about having your YouTube videos on point- we have EDGE professionals teaching them everything they need to know.
Use the programs that over 7,000 students have used, and actually gotten jobs off the back of it.
Over 38 videos, downloaded straight to an app on their phone.
You may be sick of online, but 100% students want to learn from their device away from school.
Let's give them an EDGE-ucation rather than another viral Tik Tok video that won't give them skills to pay the bills!
ADD the Extra EDGE to your purchase at Checkout to get these great bonuses for your students!
* Work Experience Workbook Download- Easy to understand and follow workbook that reinforces the content of the course. Print it off yourself or get a quote from our printers for a bulk order!
* The School EDGE Workbook Download- A job ready resource that will reinforce what they hear in a colourful engaging format! Activities to do, easy to follow along.
* Access to our EDGE Online Closed Facebook Group- here we are hosting employer interviews, industry spotlights and can answer any questions your students may have
* Access to Exclusive EDGE Webinars- Join Sharna and her EDGE Professionals LIVE to your classroom or watch the replay inside the Closed Facebook Group. Webinars will be offered twice a term each term for you to have your students watch or watch a replay.
- Digital Etiquette and Social Media Best Practices for Young People Looking For Work
- Job Search Strategies That Will Have You Stand Out In Job Season
- Interview Preparation for Teens: Tips and Techniques
- Understanding Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Teen Employee
- Financial Literacy for Teens: Managing Your Money
- Teen Entrepreneurs: Starting Your Own Business
- Teen Mental Health and Well-being in the Workplace
- How Do I Get Started? Easy Steps to Start Your Job Journey
- The Benefits To Work Experience- It's a game changer for getting the right job
- Apprenticeships VS Traineeships- Benefits and Cons and Best Way To Secure One!
You'll be the first to access new EDGE Content! - Don't forget to add at Checkout.